Congrats to all the artists who, over 20 years at Sony Pictures Imageworks (SPI) have made Spidey fly, swing, and be our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.
SPI films in order:
- Spider-Man (2002);
- Spider-Man 2 (2004);
- Spider-Man 3 (2007);
- The Amazing Spider-Man (2012);
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014);
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017);
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018);
- Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019);
- Spider-Man: No Way home (2021);
- And the upcoming: Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (2023).
This includes their 2005 Academy Award for ‘Best Visual Effects’ on Spider-Man 2.
In celebration of Spider-Man at 20, Imageworks created this reel highlighting their dynamic and innovative work across all nine (soon to be ten) Spider-Man films.
Sony Pictures Imageworks
Sony Pictures Imageworks is also celebrating 30 years.
SPI is known for photoreal live-action visual effects, dynamic creature and character animation, and full-CG features. Having created visually stunning images for more than 100 live-action and animated productions over its 30-year history the studio is also a leader in technology, developing software and tools that have helped solve industry-wide challenges and deliver spectacular visuals to the big screen.