To keep the global VFX community connected, engaged and inspired in this most unprecedented year, the Visual Effects Society launched a robust calendar of virtual content beginning in early spring, delivering more than three dozen exclusive virtual conversations with visionary visual effects talent across the world – up close and personal!
VFX Pros: Home Edition is your channel for behind-the-scenes VFX stories featuring live conversations about cutting-edge technologies and techniques. Here are some programming highlights that you can access anytime – and keep coming back for more!
Douglas Trumbull, VES
Ken Ralston, VES
- Celebrating the Ray Harryhausen Centenary with Vanessa Harryhausen, Ray Harryhausen’s daughter, Trustee of the Ray and Diana Harryhausen Foundation and author of Ray Harryhausen: Titan of Cinema; Connor Heaney, Collections Manager for the Ray and Diana Harryhausen Foundation; and John Walsh, Trustee of the Ray and Diana Harryhausen Foundation.
- At Home with VFX Pioneer Douglas Trumbull, VES, Academy Award-winning visual effects pioneer and filmmaker has been at the forefront of visual effects for decades.
- At Home with VFX Game-Changer Ken Ralston, five-time Academy and BAFTA Award winner and recipient of the VES Lifetime Achievement Award. Watch it now!
- Gentle Giant (Virtual) Studio Tour provides insider info on everything from Physical assets to Digital assets, Mobile 3D Photogrammetry for VFX & Product IP, 3D printing and more.
- Navigating the Changing Landscape of Virtual Production presented by the VES Technology & Virtual Production Committees in collaboration with Netflix – the first in a series of dynamic, important conversations around Virtual Production.
- At Home with a VFX Super Collector, a look inside the VFX memorabilia collection of digital production manager and noted VFX historian Gene Kozicki. Watch it now!
- The Art of Decision-making on Working Remotely with senior executives from FotoKem.
- Retooling Your Career with a panel of seasoned recruitment pros.
- Inside the VES Handbook of Visual Effects – 3rd Edition – with Co-Editors Jeffrey A. Okun, VES and Susan Zwerman, VES and a panel of expert contributors to the book.
- The Intersection between Camera, VFX and Lighting for Virtual Production – with Cinematographer Caleb Deschanel, ASC, VFX Supervisor Rob Legato, ASC, Lighting Director Samuel Maniscalco, USC School of Cinematic Arts Professor and George Méliès Endowed Chair in Visual Effects Michael Fink, VES, Unity Technologies Head of Development Habib Zargarpour and Epic Games Business Development Manager Miles Perkins, moderated by Director of Emerging Technology at The Mill Boo Wong.
- Dennis Muren, ASC, VES on STAR WARS Day – A interactive webcast with Dennis Muren, VES, ASC, legendary visual effects artist and supervisor and Creative Director at Industrial Light & Magic.
Get an insider’s look at the VES 70 – The Most Influential VFX Films of All Times (as voted by VES members)
- VES 70: The Wizard of Oz with Dennis Muren, VES
- VES 70: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea with Harrison Ellenshaw, VES
- VES 70: The War of the Worlds with Craig Barron, VES and Paramount Pictures SVP Andrea Kalas
- VES 70: Jason and the Argonauts with Jeffrey A. Okun, VES
- VES 70: 2001: A Space Odyssey with Douglas Trumbull, VES
- VES 70: Ghostbusters (1984) with Richard Edlund, ASC, VES
- VES 70: Jaws with Jeffrey A. Okun, VES
- VES 70: The 7th Voyage of Sinbad with Dennis Muren, VES
- VES 70: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs with Harrison Ellenshaw, VES
- VES 70: Tron with Richard Winn Taylor II, VES
And enjoy a look inside the VFX of some of your favorite shows!
We encourage you to log on to view these episodes on demand, and check out all the newest content.